The Garibaldi Annex PAC elections will be held at the last PAC meeting for this year, on Wednesday 15th June at 6:00pm.
We encourage all parents to come and vote and/or consider standing for a position. Our PAC is very informal and fun. Meetings are monthly and usually short. All parents are members of the PAC!
If you are interested in standing for a position, feel free to ask one of the current PAC members about the role. As we have some families moving on this year, the formal roles that we will be looking to fill are:
- PAC Chair (and possibly Co-Chair)
- Vice Chair
There are also opportunities to be a member at large or to join committees such as:
- the Kitchen committee, who have been responsible for things like hot lunches;
- the Garden committee, who tend our garden and work with teachers to teach the kids about where our food comes from;
- the Fundraising and Grants committee, who put on movies nights, fundraise throughout the year with flower, chocolate and bake sales and this past year organized our very successful Hastings Sunrise Cooks cookbook project and took on the Backpack Buddies program, helping kids who don’t have food at home on the weekends;
- the Sustainability committee, who in the past have organized clothing swaps;
- and the Communications committee, who run the PAC blog, newsletter and email box.
The PAC makes a huge difference to life for our children at Garibaldi, bringing in extracurricular activities in music, sports, the arts and science. Parents who want to get involved have the opportunity to have a large impact on their children’s school experience. Is there an activity you’d like to see our kids get into at school? Is there some way you can be of service? Bring your big ideas, your inspirations, and your vote!
Here’s some ideas:
Here’s our past garden blog run by a former PAC mum – fantastic work! https://garibaldigarden.wordpress.com
The Sustainability committee hopes to do much more this coming year to educate our kids about the great outdoors and our place in it.
The Communications committee is looking for a photographer to cover school events for the blog and someone to revive the school newsletter.
And generally we need parents to help us organize project based events like bike rallies, manure sales, the pumpkin patch and outdoor picnics.
All parents are welcome and encouraged to get involved. The more parents we have on our team, the more we can enrich our kids lives at school.
And we have childcare! So please do bring your kids. They usually play in the gym and have a ton of fun.
Need more convincing? Here’s some resources on why you should join the PAC 🙂
PDF Download here PAC Answers to Commonly Asked Questions | VSB
Hope to see you there!