As a result of the Select Standing Committee on Finance & Government Services recommendations which found that the top priority for British Columbians is K-12 education funding, the Parent Advocacy Network (PAN) in conjunction with Families Against Cuts to Education (FACE), has started a postcard campaign targeting the provincial government.
The goal of the campaign is to deliver thousands of postcards declaring “I stand with the Standing Committee” to the Minister of Education, Mike Bernier, in time for him to make his New Years Resolutions. The postcard includes the Committee’s list of recommendations for K-12 funding and a space to offer up your own comments.
GET YOUR POSTCARDS
- Print your own at your school or office with the attached PDF or through this public link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MKFnQ4MQAPQzZYRUNKN3FZZFk/view
- If you are in Vancouver, but are unable to print your own, you may also pick up a stack of ready-made postcards by contacting Kelly Read at firstname.lastname@example.org (East Side), Gili Avrahami at email@example.com (West Side) or Corine Wilems at firstname.lastname@example.org (Downtown).
DELIVER YOUR POSTCARDS
- If you are in Vancouver, please drop off bundles of completed postcards at one of these two residential homes: 744 E. 14th Ave (East Side) or 3218 W. 6th Ave (West Side).
- Alternatively, if you live in Vancouver, you can bring completed postcards in person to our January PAN meeting at the Tipper Restaurant (backroom) on January 4, 2016 at 7pm.
- For those outside of Vancouver, please collect postcards within your school or community and mail them directly to Mike Bernier’s constituency office in the New Year.
Thank you for participating in the Postcard Campaign!
Together we can make a difference!